Different customers with different requirements will come to your garage every day. Some will need a MOT, some will need an annual service, others will want tyres changed or diagnostics run to establish a fault. Mechanical businesses often have specialist equipment such as ramps, lifts, hoists, MOT bays, hand tools and diagnostic equipment. We understand that your business will vary and you need insurance to cover the work you are requested to do by your customers. We will help you ensure you have the right level of cover to suit your requirements and protect your business, you and your customers.

What your Mechanics Insurance can include cover for

  • Road risk
  • Public and employer’s liability
  • Service indemnity
  • Plant and machinery
  • Hand tools and diagnostics
  • Buildings and contents
  • Loss of MOT licence
  • Engineering inspection
  • Any employee driving (for larger companies)
  • Courtesy vehicles
  • Legal expenses
  • Business interruption
  • Cyber liability
  • Management liability
  • Easy MID access

What cover do I need?

Whether you want road risk only insurance, premises only insurance or both covered under a motor trade combined policy, we can assist you with our specialist motor trade insurance companies. We cover business trading from home, those doing mobile repairs or those trading from a commercial premise.